Sunday 25 July 2010

I Was A Teenage Werewolf

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF
I was a teenage werewolf
and she was but the witch's cat
During the day she was a lithesome thing,
more than a slip of a girl
with jet black hair
and maidenly curves
At night she went home to the witch
became her cat
with fur so black
and claws so sharp
and I howled all night
for the loss of my love
for I was a teenage werewolf
and she was but the witch's cat
All night she meowed meowed meowed
as the witch rode high on her broom
seeking to revenge my daily theft
All night I howled howled howled
for want of the witch's cat
All day we made love made love made love
but she always returned as a cat
and I howled at the moon
seeking revenge for its nightly theft
for I was a teenage werewolf
and she was but the witch's cat
© GERALD ENGLAND

Composed: Sheffield, 4th April 1972

1972 THE WINE THE WOMEN AND THE SONG (Pyle, Kenfig Press)
1993 The People's Poetry (UK)
1994 Plastic Tower (USA)

No comments:

Post a Comment