Tuesday 11 May 2010

Dream of Love?

DREAM OF LOVE

I fain would know who she might be
pervades my sleep each night
Is she the moon that shines above
the sun's uprising light ?

A mere reflection of the mind
by cogitation wrought ?
An image by my soul designed
disclosed to me by thought ?

A form by willing spirit drawn
my hopes to realise ?
One which my sight should want for to
perceive in fleshly guise ?

Might she exist in far off land
or even nearer home ?
Perhaps she nightly dreams of me
Oh could she read my poem !

Perhaps it be "elle n'existe pas"
a wrathful demon's scheme
to lure me to regretful deeds
asleep and while I dream !

© GERALD ENGLAND

Composed: Glasgow, 1st December 1965

Publications
1992 The Third Half (UK)
1992 International Poetry (USA)

No comments:

Post a Comment