Monday 17 October 2011

I Will Go To The Bank

I WILL GO TO THE BANK

(a postmodernist sonnet based on words by Walt Whitman)

I will go to the bank by the atmosphere
for my heart's sake;
I am mad for to be in contact with
the smoke of my mouth forever;
The passing of blood and inspiration
is for my respiration and naked;
I am in love with me.

The passing of the atmosphere
is for my mouth forever.
The smoke of the wood and air
through my heart,
I am mad for my respiration and naked;
I am mad for my heart;
I will go to the beating of my heart,
to the passing of blood
And become undisguised and
naked ripples.

The wood and air through my own breath,
silkthread, buzzed whispers,
Loveroot, crotch and inspiration;
I will go to the wood
with air through my heart.
Echoes of my lungs beating
crotch and vine,
I will go to the beating of blood
and become undisguised and naked.


© Gerald England

Composed: Gee Cross, 28th September 2000

Publication

2000 The Studio (Internet)

1 comment:

  1. Magic!

    One for the OWS demonstrators currently facing the NYPD strobe lights methinks.

    ReplyDelete